Médecins Sans Frontières is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Mission Support
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Supporting the Head of Mission in security management and coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relationship with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, and providing translations and interpretations according to MSF protocols, standards, and procedures in order to facilitate the mission coordination tasks
- Supporting the HoM in promoting and protecting the MSF image externally and assisting in context analysis, disseminating relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly informing them on key issues, updating general information on the context for MSF internal documents, and advising on cultural appropriateness of organized activities and individual behaviors.
- Analyzing the risks and the security level of the context of the mission and assisting in conducting risk assessments and in the development, of security plans for the mission and project. Advising the PC and HoM on aspects of security management
- Establishing and maintaining external relationships with relevant authorities and stakeholders. Keeping good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and departments and keeping up-to-date records of field contacts (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, etc.) verifying that they are easily accessible, in order to facilitate contacts and meetings.
- At the request of the Head of Mission, assisting the HoM or representing MSF in meetings (NGOs, official bodies and administrations, etc.) and preparing full report
- Ensuring the follow-up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in the country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols, etc.
- At the request of the HoM, preparing and conducting an information briefing, focusing on the country context for International Regional and Relocated Staff
- Translating sensitive documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Writing letters and correspondences with officials and partners and preparing reports, internal memos and formal requests. Monitoring the correspondences in the absence of the HoM.
- Assisting in the elaboration of the advocacy plan of the mission in collaboration with the PC, MedCo, and the Communications responsible and supporting its implementation and follow-up.
- Follow very closely the evolution of the context at the project and national level. Bauchi, Borno state, and the neighboring countries in the LCB
- Follow up, renew and update networking with authorities at the project level by working closely with the Project coordinator and project coordinator assistant.
- Participate in drafting and updating of the mission and project safety and security planning.
- Elaborate and update the actor contact list
- Contribute to the mapping of the actors
- Assisting the HOM in organizing meetings with stakeholders.
MSF Minimum Requirements
- University Degree or similar level of Education
- Experience in humanitarian aid preferably within MSF Essential strong understanding of the workings of the different administrations of the country.
- Computer proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Good analytical skills, at ease with figures and economic data
- Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, including writing skills
- People Management and Development, Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV with cover letter and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Incomplete applications will be automatically discarded.